1

'Just leave me!', she screamed to the loudest of her voice and for once, I felt my heart skip a beat. This time, it wasn't because of her beautiful smile or her hazel blue eyes gazing up at me. It wasn't her perfume that turned me on or the way she made up for the fight with her cute laugh and puppy face. I recall the first time I saw her, the first time my heart skipped a beat for a girl I wasn't sure would ever entwine with me. Her hair curled up into a ponytail, bouncing as she walked. She wore a beautiful pale-white dress with a denim jacket over it. I was in the cafeteria working on the code. Other than decaf coffee, even the chaos of the cafeteria was unable to get me off the work. I had my headphones on, Linkin Park's playlist always boosted up my speed. Thanks, LP. And coffee.
The cafeteria had all kinds of people, the hot chicks, the muscular sports-squad, the toppers and nerds and, the misfits - where I belonged. I wonder I was the only misfit, I always sat alone. The three corners of the cafeteria were filled by groups - the pink table, of course, reserved for the hot chicks and fashionistas, the table with the sticker of basketball and other sports reserved for the muscular guys, and the science corner that smelled peculiar, maybe because of the chemicals they dealt with. Only the nerds went to that corner of the cafeteria. The fourth corner was for the misfit - me. No one preferred sitting because it was close to trash bins, ha, good, because otherwise, I wouldn't have found a spot anywhere else in those tagged groups.
It was another usual day, less crowded because it was the summer break. What was I doing in the cafeteria? Waiting for her to come. Coding my assignment until I saw her entering the cafeteria. The entrance was beside the sports gang, and at once every guy turned to look at her. So was I. I out of all the people. She felt awkward as they stared her. Wasn't she liking the attention she got which most of the girls wish for? Maybe she was unlike them, maybe why I started liking her more. She was searching for an empty table and at that moment, our eyes met. That moment changed my life... 
©ruminativeminds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3

2