3

I woke up to the alarm and not her voice screaming 'Idiot, wake up. You'll make us late.' It's a usual activity - to wake up and turn off the alarm. It was hard for me. I felt like a 3 year old kid who could just cry, nap, and poop. When you've had someone for so long, when you have shared every moment together, even the tiniest thing reminds you of them. But, I had to do it, alone. I am being paranoid. I am losing my mind. I was writing the code, I had to submit it tomorrow. Is she selected fpr the internship? Is she going to come college. My head started to ache and my eyes were red. High. My eyes closing and my mind going back to that day.
A beautiful sunny day with the dew drops glittering the plants. The chai wala happily serving the students with dozes of tea to cope up with the lectures. When I sat in the cafeteria, I realised it took me fifteen more minutes than usual to cross that distance. Am I being dreamy? I never paid attention to anything. The weather was not of my concern, only the cafeteria's air conditioning. Unlike what I have been doing, today turned out different. After a couple of minutes, I knew the reason. I already knew it, since the first time our eyes met. But, I wanted to see it again, now and forever.
She wore a red tank top with a denim shirt and jeans, her hair tied up, converse and a backpack. She put on the glasses. Oh dear why! She looked lovely, simple yet mesmerizing. I couldn't find a semicolon missing in 100 lines of code but I could find her entering the cafeteria filled with 100 people. Instead of working on the code that I had to submit this afternoon, I was thinking whether it would be okay for her to wear glasses while kissing, won't it be bothering her?
'Hey!' she said and I instantly replied, 'You shouldn't be wearing those glasses.' What on Earth was I doing? I am way out of her league, I should just leave. 'Why?' 'Um, sorry. It should've been black instead of blue.' I should leave. I was about to get up and she giggled. That smile melted my heart. That smile.
©ruminativeminds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1

2